Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I HAVE CABLE

1. Starting one of those elementary school construction paper chain-link countdowns for the debates on Thursday for the following reasons:

Don't need any reason other than to watch Sarah Palin squirm.

2. Sorry, but I need to talk about Heroes. Briefly: I like fearless-idealistic-I-jump-off-buildings Peter Petrelli, not emo-save-me-waaahhh Peter Petrelli, but I want fearless-idealistic Peter to have the emo Peter scar.

3. Oh Sweet Mother of All That Is Good and Pure, thank you for MoLinder's addiction to the Discovery Channel. I've never watched cable in my a.p.t. before, and I don't know if I can ever stop. Do you understand? This is a huge fucking deal. I HAVE CABLE. No more TV blizzards, no more fucking with an antenna that is, technically, just for show. Just thinking pedestrian thoughts about reinstating Hungover Sunday Mythbusters Day is seriously turning me on.

4. I am going to New Kids On The Block on Saturday. Mock all you want, my shit was free: shout out to M.E. and her mad hook ups. And I was ten when they were spotlit, so whatevs. Never was a die hard fan, though...but do not try to fuck with me on the lyrics to Cover Girl, because I will own you.

5. As much as I want a new costume for Halloween, I'm thinking of bringing back Cubby Gummi, because I get a sword, a flask, a feather, and high adventure that's beyond compare.

...

12 comments:

Gypsy said...

I can't wait for the debates!

You have cable. The next step is DVR. Oh, blessed DVR.

Rassles said...

Please don't tempt me. If I become dependent on any more more technological advancements, I'm gonna turn into a cylon.

Laura said...

I cannot wait to see the debates. I'm just watching that hellhole of a channel Faux News and watching these jackasses pat themselves on the back for "saving the country".

Your link to the Cubby Gummi-- how the hell do I determine where the Cubby Gummi is on that page?

Bluestreak said...

you just made me realize how I need to start planning my Halloween costumes. I need to think of useful props for the evening (such as flask, sword, etc) and then plan the costume around that. I always go about it the wrong way and end up with ridiculous props that just get in the way of me consuming alcohol.

Rassles said...

flor: Cubby is the pink one with the sword. Did you ever watch the show on Saturday mornings when you were little? It was on NBC in the late 80's.

Blue: Halloween is very, very, very important. Find a costume and go all out. Love it. I'll help if you need it.

Laura said...

Ok, I graduated high school in 1989-- just call me Granny. I was of the Smurf generation, god I love those little blue suckers.

Mister Crowley said...

I think you should totally go as Duckula ;)

Rassles said...

Flor: I watched Smurfs too, but I caught the death rattle of the series. And you're trying to tell me you didn't watch Saturday morning cartoons in high school? I totally did.

Crow: I'd rather be one of the Rescue Rangers.

Laura said...

I was a late sleeper! All that sneaking out at night makes ya tired.

renalfailure said...

If you put together a Gadget costume you will be Queen of the Internet, or at least the really creepy part of it. But you'll be a Queen nonetheless.

Rassles said...

Yeah, but that just requires some goggles, a jumpsuit, and big floppy ears...everyone's going to think I'm from An American Tail.

Rassles said...

I would like to be a Queen, though.