Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are You There, Nola? It's me, Rassles.

Well, I leave for New Orleans in a couple of hours.

I'm extremely glad to be traveling with Muffy, because we're both total travel minimalists. She's one of my Travel Europa cohorts. That was months of wearing the same three shirts every day, this is nothing. A week? Backpack. Done. It took me longer to sew a case for my camera (which took the entire duration of Teen Wolf) than it did to pack (because seriously? Why shell out money for a camera case when I have fabric, cotton balls, and old bubble wrap? Yeah. You heard me. Best camera case ever.)

Chances are whoever brings a rolly suitcase is going to get seriously mocked.

But, not to leave you guys hanging, I have guest posters. They should all feel very special that they were chosen, because I did not draw names out of a hat. And everyone else should feel sorry for themselves, because obviously I don't love you as much as I love them due to your extreme ability to suck.

(That is an outright lie, and if you believe that, I don't want you reading this blog anymore.)

In the end, there were some people that I'm sure wouldn't want to do it, and some people that I'm sure would, and some people that don't even give a shit that I'm writing anything right now.

(Stop talking.)

Okey dokey.

Everyone have a pleasant week. I apologize in advance for when all of your stats drop suddenly without me checking your blogs every five minutes "just in case." In case of what? I have no idea.

Later skaters.

...

12 comments:

derfina said...

Look out, Rue Bourbon, the yanks are comin'!

Ya'll have F.U.N.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually very pleased with my extreme ability to suck. I find it a solace in these times when not sucking is so over-rated.

I'm hoping that, once the not-sucking bubble bursts, and the backlash begins, i'll be somewhere in the forefront of the Nouveau Cool.

If i'm not, man, that'll suck.

PS I thought nyorleens got hit by a nuke or something? A few years back. It was on all the news...

Best to watch out for radioactive zombies while you're there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be the only one that sucks with a rolly suitcase.

**start mocking**

By the way, you're sitting next to me on the train right now telling me to mention that we're already in trouble. We got in trouble before the train even started moving.

Is that all you wanted me to write?

No, okay.

Rossi is hilarious and awesome. According to her.

Anonymous said...

Have fun, you wacky kid!! (I don't want to see you on the news, but then, I kind of do.)

Anonymous said...

did you see that episode of Flight of the Conchords where Jemaine had made Bret a combo camera/phone? I think he used the same materials you did for your case.

Is my invitation to guest post stuck in spamsville?

Anonymous said...

Remember,Mothers for po' boys and Napoleons for muffelettas. watch out for voodoo.

Mrs. Booms said...

I'm apologizing now for my guest post.

It's mostly crap.

A Free Man said...

I feel special.

Kick some Big Easy ass, rassles.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Have fun with your bad selves. Also, a backpack for a week???!! I take a rolly case for overnights.

Le Meems said...

I can't believe I wasn't invited. I rock the NOLA like a hurricane.
Also like Bone Thugs (I'm so tore)...

Bluestreak said...

Now I feel like the biggest douche on the planet. Hugest.

~Mountain Lover~ said...

Ummmmm. What Blue Streak said. :) Although, DUMPSTER.

yeah...

P.S. I'd be the one with everything packed into a rolling carry-on. Don't have to check my luggage. whatwhat?

oh yeah, you guys took the train.

never mind. commence mocking now...