Monday, August 17, 2009

Slack

I never understood why people would write blog entries about why they weren't writing. It's a pointless waste to me, because this is an outlet for ideas and writing and bouncing things, for hooray and boo and sadface and lookatme gaaaahhhhh. There's really no reason to post a fucking stupid entry like this, but lately, I've found myself wanting just to write little updates because I feel like I owe it to people, when I just have absolutely nothing to say.

But it's really not about me, when I say "Sorry for not paying too much attention, I've been busy." It's about the weighty guilt I feel for slacking on everyone else's ideas and writing and bouncing things. I get it now. It's for you guys, not for me.

And that's a highly self-centered thing, believing that people out there might care enough to read a mindless update. I feel self-centered even typing this, but it's become apparent that my life actually does matter, at least a little, to some people. I'm not used to that. No, I shouldn't say that, because that insinuates my friends and family don't care. How about this: I never realized that I would care if people on the internet might care. Of course, chances are, either way, this is just me being dumb. I am often quite dumb.

So yes. Here is a list of updates and minor things:

1. The doctor. Yeah, it was basically nothing. I have elevated enzymes in my liver. Not a worrisome level. Shit's fine. I can't drink until they know what it actually is, but I haven't been drinking for about a month anyway, so whatever. It could be due to the fact that I've been taking Tylenol every day. Or I could have hepatitis. (No, I don't have fucking hepatitis.)

2. Work is hectic right now, with ten-to-twelve hour days that are full of nothing but work, not ten-to-twelve hour days that lengthen into such because I wrote a blog during "lunch." School starts soon, which means everyone wants money, there's all this post-event funding clean up business. Fucking bullshit.

3. It is hottern'balls and humid and I want it to be fall all fuckingready. I'm way too lazy in the summer.

4. MoLinder bought me a sweet Alexander Hamilton portrait to make up for the fact that she let Muffy destroy my Watchmen cup. It is amazing, and I can't figure out how to hang it up.

5. Reading is good.


...

26 comments:

Laura said...

Seriously girlfriend you've been on my mind. I am so glad to hear you're fine. Damn liver enzymes, I hate it when that happens.

Anonymous said...

glad it's wonky liver enzymes, which isn't too likely serious. oh, and ringworm sucks. that'd be gross...

stay off the tylenol. eats liver...

renalfailure said...

That's going to be some party when you're allowed to drink again.

Nikki B. said...

whew...glad you're alright.

we gauge the severity of everything based on last summer when all 3 of my kids got lice! it took 3 months, all summer, to get rid of them.

so, now, it's like, "oh, pneumonia? hella glad it's not lice."

or, "104 fever and vomitting? whew, at least it's not lice."

or, ebola? blood spewing out of orifices? but, no lice, right??"

it's not lice, right? right?!!

sas said...

yeah we care.
just a little bit.

thank christ you don't have hep.
though you might have gotten to meet pamela at one of those hep support fundraising things.

Sid said...

I agree. Reading is good. I fucking love the internet community. I love how occasionally I'll get an email from some stranger to ask if I'm okay. I love that people who've never met me CARE. It's odd but sooo nice.

Anonymous said...

I care too, thanks for the update. And reading is the duck's nuts. Reading Rulz.

Sack Posset said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Del-V said...

When I don't have anything to say I just post photos of Adriana Lima.

I'm glad to read you are doing OK. A guy in my office has some pretty serious health issues. I was worried... but no longer. Thanks for the update.

Kono said...

tylenol and drinking is a big no-no, you need to read the back of the medicine bottles there Razz... and since i'm a dick and a misanthrope i don't care if i update the blog or not. then again i only have 2 or 3 people who read it anyway, nice to know you're gonna live and my advice is drink only red wine until they clear you to drink. doctors are full of shit anyway. oh yeah and smoke more weed to ease hangovers and pain.

Mrs. Booms said...

I've been wanting to write and ask if you were dead.

But then... I was all... Well That's just stupid. If she's dead she won't answer.

And THAT? Is how I show I care.

I can't help it. I get it from my mother.

Sarah said...

Glad ya arent dying. Always a good place to be.

As for the summer heat....fuck this! I am so over it.

Meagan said...

Glad you're OK.

MoLinder said...

i did not let muffy destroy your watchmen cup - i honestly thought it was safe because who breaks plastic cups? no one. except muffy. lesson learned.

wolf said...

Yes, very good to hear that you're okay. And a little not-drinking never hurt anybody, ya know?

Chris said...

Welcome back.

Ellie said...

God damn enzymes.

Mchwa.

Gypsy said...

Reading really IS good. Especially when it's your stuff I'm reading. Thanks for giving us an update.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're ok. Not that you asked, but I'm reading P. D. James' latest. Love those British mysteries. Murder seems very civilized.

Kitty said...

They couldn't tell you over the phone that your liver enzymes were elevated?

Dude, you coulda caught a stroke over the worry of that alone.

Basterds.

And I guess this means you won't be cutting that meat chunk out your face and putting a photo of it in a jar up on the blog...Damn. I was looking forward to that shit.

Gwen said...

I know what you mean about not realizing that people actually care on the internet. I've wondered over the past few weeks if I should post a lame update or not. Just entertaining the idea that people gave a shit either way what I was up to felt narcissistic, you know? Anyway, glad you're liver enzyme level isn't "worrisome". Take care of yourself.

Thanatos said...

You're alive! This should count as a near death experience and you should get trashed this weekend.

Ginny said...

Can I just point out that for a post about nothing, this was actually about a lot of things?

You fail.

(Oh yeah, glad you're not dying. Because I really like you.)

Anonymous said...

Scary coincidence: i wrote a mindless update last night. I think i wrote it in my sleep, too. I doubt that anyone is the slightest bit interested in me, but i keep doing the blog thing just in case.

Plus it's a place i can go to, and that's nice. You're part of that place. So thank you.

Hedon said...

Glad you're ok in spite of the stupid doctors who are obviously out to ruin the world with their crappy handwriting and their snotty attitudes.

Blues said...

I feel like writing posts like this all the time and then convince myself that nobody gives a shit, when obviously they do.