Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Do, That's Who.

I fell in love with a guy on the bus this morning who laughed (he scoffed like Seth Gecko) into his phone and said something along the lines of, "Hey, you're coming over tonight, right? I got a thirty pack and Tango and Cash on VHS. Yes. Of course there'll be static. I'm gonna be tracking the whole time. You are. Yes you are. Yes you are. Yes you are. Come on meat puppet, who pulls your strings?"

Which is of course the most romantic thing I've ever heard, and I started giggling and blushing and doing that top-notch pedestrian surveillance thing where I pretend to read my book but I'm really totally listening in on a stranger's phone conversation. If I weren't so late for work this morning, I would make sure to ride the bus at the same time tomorrow.

...

16 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

He sounds dreamy.

I hope he has auto-tracking.

sas said...

v. jealous. my fellow london tube commuters mostly smell like cheese/insist on holding the pole so their armpit ends up directly over my face. oh the glamour.

Ginny said...

Be late to work.

Lailani Ali said...

People other than me always seem to have the most fancy ideas and ways of speaking. I feel so simple-minded after reading this.

Anonymous said...

Meat puppet is what I always call you in my mind.

Laura said...

What here in franklin said, ditto.
You oughta get you summa that.

Le Meems said...

BE LATE
(you stay late anyways)

GET"HIM"NOW

Sid said...

"Come on meat puppet, who pulls your strings?" Yeah, that made me laugh too. Stalk HIM already.

Heidi said...

Please be late to work and follow. I'll write you an excuse.

Elan Morgan said...

This weblog is being featured on Five Star Friday -
http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2009/09/five-star-fridays-edition-71.html

nursemyra said...

I want him!

renalfailure said...

I'd say someone with a VCR that still works is worth stalking. Mine is crapping out and almost ate my friend's copy of Thrashin'.

Schmee said...

late to work again??? I thought you were supposed to be working on that?

nursemyra said...

hey rassles - do you ever read jahsonic's blog? he has a wonderful meat puppet post

http://jahsonic.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/pete-the-meat-puppet/

Blues said...

I would have totally followed the guy for awhile and then felt really dumb for following a stranger and then guilty for being a stalker and then i would have given up cause he would've walked faster than me and then I wouldn've been late for work for no reason at all.

Blues said...

Oh my god, that meat puppet thing was fucked up. I intially thought it was gonna be about the Meat Puppets, the totally awesome band that I used to love in the 90s like way before Nirvana unplugged.

Cause they're from Phoenix, that's the only reason I knew of them.