Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Walk slow.

I don't understand the driving urge to powerwalk down the street. Everyone walks so fucking fast. Slow the fuck down. Do you really hate yourselves that much that you can't deal with taking your time?

I'm walking to the Blue Line. Not right now. Before. But I'm all the way over to the right of the sidewalk so I don't get in anyone's way. These dumb bitches walk right up behind me and start talking about how slow I am.

So I turn my head and smile and say, "You guys are welcome to walk around me if you'd like." They both kinda glared at me and did just what I told them to do.

Honestly, why didn't they just utilize the three feet of space to my left and fucking circumvent already? Instead they've gotta talk about how I'm slow? How about you chill. Calm down. It's not the end of the world because one person likes to take their time.

So, I'm just telling all of you speed walkers out there: excluding a severe hankering to urinate, relax. Don't be rude to those of us who live by our own timetable. If I make you late to a life or death situation, I apologize. It doesn't hurt to take it easy once in awhile.

And now I shall quote Rumi, even though half of the quote is somewhat irrelevant, just so I can be a little obscurely poetic about this:

Come out of the circle of time, and into the circle of love.

And to make it my own:

Come out of the circle of time and fucking chillax.
...

No comments: