Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yeah, they said that would happen in health class.

Definitely watched about three buses pass me by this morning. After the third drive by I started getting a little irritated. So I called out to my fellow transitors, "Where you guys headed?" At first people just kind of stared at me like I was the crazy person to avoid standing next to once we squooshed our way onto the next bus, so I added, "I'm going to Washington and Franklin. Anyone else headed that way?"

So this short woman was all, "Yeah, I'm just two blocks south of there."<

"Cool. Wanna split a cab?" I'm not gonna lie, I had to struggle to avoid suggesting we "go halfsies."

She laughs, "I guess."

"Anyone else wanna split a cab? Heading to the Loop?"

Some thirtysomething suit agreed to share with us 'cause he was going to Ogilvie, and then this other younger chick asked if she hitch too.

So we hailed a cab and piled on top of each other in the back seat, with the suit riding up front. Gave the cabbie directions, awkwardly introduced ourselves, made small talk about our jobs etc. etc. Cost me a whole three dollars, and in the end, was huge success.

Got to work and was almost immediately informed that before the end of the day I would be in possession of two tickets to the Cubs game tomorrow night, row ten, right behind first base.

Work ended, walked over to River East 21 and caught the 5:30 showing of Superbad, fun, with my supercool roomie.

So what we've learned today is this: I win.
...

No comments: